*The Acting Committee of World Posters of Ogaki Matsuri Festival is in receipt of the subsidiary fund from the prefecture of Gifu for the preservation and the promotional use of “World Memorable Heritage” in 2017.
●Notice of Application to World Poster Exhibition on
Ogaki Matsuri Festival - a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage-
Ogaki Matsuri Festival Float Parade
Acting Committee of World Posters of Ogaki Matsuri Festival
-Supervision of Ogaki Poster Museum, Japan
“Ogaki Matsuri Festival Float Parade” that has been registered as a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage will be focused principally and the corresponding posters will be printed on the Genuine Mono Paper for exhibition in an attempt to promote the public relations of Ogaki Matsuri Festival internationally as well as to activate the whole area of Gifu prefecture.
＊ Details of Selection Judgement
2 best posters (one from domestic and one from overseas) will be selected among 50 entries to be printed on the Genuine Mino Paper by silkscreen, and will be adopted for the public relations posters of Ogaki Matsuri Festival. Printing
50 winning posters (6 each) and 2 best selections (100 each) will be processed for silkscreen print on Genuine Mino Paper. Applicants (winners) will be presented with 2 printouts and a catalog. Prize
2 winners will be given an award of $US. 1700. Exhibition
To tour around in Ogaki Poster Museum - Japan, City of Ogaki, City of Mino, and major sites in Gifu Prefecture.
- Gallery talk will be provided altogether.
＊ Details of Application Time Limit for data arrival
July 31, 2017, Monday (just) Theme
Event of Floats of Ogaki Matsuri Festival Application Eligibility
Anyone in endorsement of the Event Condition of Entry
1) Please follow the full requirements in the data input for silkscreen print edited by the Ogaki Poster Museum. In case the requirements are not met fully, we are unable to accept entries.
2) Please cooperate with us to publish the selected posters such as to different contests or to post the images on SNS sites.
＊ Rights of Use
Sponsors will have the right of using the information of posters for the purpose of related activities.
＊ Method of Sending Data
Print data of posters and entry form (pdf) must be sent to below address via email or CD-R.
U.G. Sato (graphic designer), Toshiyasu Nambu (graphic designer), Fujio Hori (senior director of Ogaki Poster Museum, Japan), Yoshiro Kato (director of Ogaki Poster Museum, Japan), Bin Ogawa (Mayor of Ogaki City), Takushiro Ito (chairman of Committee of Ogaki Festival Float Management), Yoshiyuki Tanaka (chairman of Ogaki Tourism Association)
＊ Inquiries to us
Please send by using the following email address only. Also as you send us your design data, please use this same address.
The number of posters to be sent to us is allowed for only one, no plural number of posters are admitted for entry.
Yet, for those who have prepared more than two posters as of July 20 are eligible to send us all, we will accept and include them for jury.
＊ Ogaki Matsuri Festival
Ogaki Festival honors the Hachiman Shrine for its tradition with more than 360 years. It is in the year of 2015 that the float parade of Ogaki Matsuri Festival was designated as one of the major intangible folk culture properties of the country of Japan, and in the year of 2016 33 events of “float and halberd” including the float parade of Ogaki Matsuri Festival were registered as UNESCO’s intangible cultural heritages.
In the year of 2012 all 13 floats were assembled for the grand parade after 70 years. Floats with windup dolls and with kabuki performance by children showed up.
What Is the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage?
Based on the intangible cultural heritage protection regulations issued in 2006 by the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the performances and events of art, festivals and traditional crafts being transmitted among folks have been registered steadily. So far the Special Committee of Council of Cultural Arts Association in Japan has investigated and deliberated on them to propose to UNESCO. 21 events have already been registered such as Kabuki play and Gagaku (Japan’s ancient imperial music).
＊ Genuine Mino Paper
The city of Mino, located not far from the city of Ogaki within the same prefecture of Gifu, has been an important site of production and development of handmade paper. The genuine paper of Mino keeps intertangled fiber and soft and unique texture even though it was manufactured 1,300 years ago. Paper of Mino is the superb product that is manufactured with traditional art and manufacturing technique.
The Genuine Mino Paper was registered as a UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage in 2014.
●Posters of Ogaki Matsuri Festival [Details of Inputting Data for Silk Screen Print]
• Print size: 600mm wide x 900mm long, vertical placement (Print size for Genuine Mino Paper is 666mm wide x 970mm long, and the outer margin will be left blank).
• File name: put the family name, underscore and given name with single byte characters. e.g. smith_john
• Include the logo of [ 大垣まつり ], which can be downloaded here, in the format of Illustrator or pdf.
* [ 大垣まつり ] means “Ogaki Matsuri Festival” in Japanese character.
• Data should be supplied in original size with Illustrator ONLY (version CS5 or below. Data in the other applications, such as Photoshop or PDF, are not acceptable.) Fonts should be outlined.
• Either of below two inputting methods is acceptable.
＊ Method 1) Spot Color Print
• Maximum 5 colours are available.
• Color specification needs to be done by PANTONE.
• The data should be made by path data only. Gradation and image positioning are unacceptable.
• Trim marks are needed and there is no need for bleed.
• Layers of colors will be adjusted by us.
＊ Method 2) Photomechanical Color Print (Color Separation in 4C)
• Will be printed in 60 to 80 lines.
• All images should be saved by jpg format with 300 dpi resolution and color mode of CMYK at lowest compression ratio.
• Trim marks are needed and there is no need for bleed.